The company today
Dresden-based company ascobloc Gastro-Gerätebau GmbH is one of the longest-established German manufacturers in the industry, with a history stretching back almost 150 years.
With around 130 employees in two factories, the company manufactures equipment and appliances for the catering and communal catering sector. The product portfolio includes an extensive range of standard equipment as well as custom design for project work.
The company's in-house design and development departments guarantee the innovative basis for its competitive ability.
- 1874 Founding of "G. Meurer", metalworks & fine casting, main products are spirit cookers
- 1903 Construction of a modern factory in Cossebaude near Dresden
- 1909 Conversion to "Eisenwerk G. Meurer AG Cossebaude"
- 1928 Construction of a new enamelling plant in Königsbrück, Saxony.
- 1949 Difficult new start after the end of the war and nationalisation
- 1955 Development of a new entire product range in the foodservice segment - "VEB Wärmegerätewerk Dresden"
- 1965 Gold Medal at the Leipzig Trade Fair for the new modular Appliance System made from COssebaude as BLOCk components. The "ascobloc" brand was born.
- 1980 Employment of 1,450 people in 5 plants under the “NAGEMA” collective brand
- 1989 Privatisation and re-establishment of “ascobloc Gastro-Gerätebau GmbH”
- 1991 Extensive investments in modern production buildings and technology
- 1992 Licensed production for lots of well-known manufacturers in the industry
- 1996 Founding of partner "Pro Ascobloc" in Poland
- 2000 Completion and expansion of the product range for commercial kitchens and profiling as a system supplier “made in Germany”
- 2008 Integration of DEBAG Deutsche Backofenbau GmbH and
- 2011 AlexanderSolia GmbH into the group of companies
- 2011 Founding of own foreign subsidiary in France and
- 2013 in Russia
Joint utilisation of synergies within the group of companies, e.g. through combined efforts in sales and marketing.
ascobloc Gastro-Gerätebau GmbH is part of WIKOTOOL Vermögensverwaltungs GmbH & Co. KG. Today, the WIKOTOOL Group consists of ascobloc Gerätebau GmbH plus a further 10 companies in 8 locations. This also includes 3 companies based abroad in France, Poland and Russia. The business areas of the group include the production of commercial kitchen and baking technology as well as metal and tool construction for industry.